2017 Life Enrichment Center Scholarship Program
The Life Enrichment Center’s mission is for our students to fulfill their lifelong creative potential through the ageless engagement in the arts. We are a place that inspires creativity and provides our participants with the time, facilities, tools, and instruction that is essential to give that creativity form. As a learning community, we welcome people of every age, ability, and skill level to participate in our programs and step outside of their everyday lives to reconnect with themselves as artists.
We’d like to thank the following individuals and organizations for their generous donations to our scholarship program:
Las Damas de Arte
The Albers Family Foundation
Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC)
The Couch Family Foundation
The Cook Dana Fund
Florida Division of Cultural Affairs
Arts Council of Hillsborough County
- Applications must be made no later than three weeks prior to the class or workshop; those received after that time will be retained and submitted for the next class period.
- Scholarship awards are based on financial need and, if applicable, merit, which the applicant is asked to detail in a “letter of intent” (see application). First time applicants will be given precedence over past recipients.
- The scholarship must be used for the term issued. If the specified class is canceled for any reason, the scholarship will be valid for the immediate next class. (No cash equivalents or refunds apply at any time.)
- Scholarship funds may pay for workshop materials or class materials. Scholarship funds for materials will only cover the cost of class materials purchased directly by the Life Enrichment Center. Materials bought by recipients will not be reimbursed.
- The scholarship is not retroactive. Fees will not be covered for a class in which the recipient was previously enrolled.
- Scholarships are not renewable, non-transferable, and are valid only for a specified time period. A student may apply for a LEC scholarship for classes or workshops.
- Scholarship approval does not guarantee class enrollment or that funds will be available at the time of registration.
Scholarships are Granted with the Following Terms:
Limits: Only one scholarship per quarter may be applied for or granted per person. A yearly maximum of $1,000 per person for scholarship eligible programs and services.
Registration: Upon scholarship approval, the recipient will register for a class or a workshop within 10 days of the approval notification. If not, the scholarship approval is voided and applicants must reapply.
Class/Activity Withdrawal Policy: If the scholarship recipient misses more than two classes in a month or is absent for the workshop, they will not qualify for any additional scholarship funds for one year.
Evaluation Policy: If the scholarship recipient does not submit the scholarship evaluation for the class or workshop they will not qualify for any additional scholarship funds for one year.
Additional Information: Scholarship funding is determined each fiscal year and is administered by the Life Enrichment Center. The scholarship application form, budget, and selection procedures may change without notice. Please submit your completed application and documents via U.S. Postal Service or walk-in. No fax or email applications will be accepted. For questions, please call 813-932-0241
- The application form must be completed in full, and all attachments must accompany the original application.
- A letter of intent is required a part of the application. Clearly state your reasons for applying for LEC scholarship funds. The LEC is most interested in your “artistic passion”; financial considerations are required.
- Applicants may submit images or samples of artwork (3-4). Originals will be returned.
- The LEC Scholarship Committee reviews all submissions and determines which scholarship fund is applicable.
- Applicants will be notified by email or phone as to whether or not a scholarship is awarded.
- Submit your completed application packets with requested documentation via U.S. Postal Service or walk-in. For questions, please call 813-932.0241.
Life Enrichment Center
9704 North Boulevard
Tampa FL 33612